RE: Label header vs PROPFIND depth 1

That's not the only problem we're discussing. Some more:

- what happens if the collection isn't versioned?

- is the entity returned upon GET/Label on a VCR a variant of the VCR? HTTP
says: yes, by definition.

> I believe Label applies first. It is part of the lookup process for the
> resource to operate on. Then you start your operation, in this case
> PROPFIND, which is defined to use the Depth: header.
>
> I'll also note that mod_dav applies the Label first, which means that
> Subversion and ClearCase do the label first :-)

I don't have any problem with this, as long as we can agree on consistent
behaviour for the case where the request URI is a non-version-controlled
collection.