Re: Label header vs PROPFIND depth 1

From: Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 14:15:40 -0700
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
As one more voice, I support Tim's position:

* the Label is applied against the Request-URI
* a version resource results from that operation
* the PROPFIND(Depth=N) is applied to that *resource*

The basic problem that we're arguing is "precedence". What applies first?
Depth or Label?

I believe Label applies first. It is part of the lookup process for the
resource to operate on. Then you start your operation, in this case
PROPFIND, which is defined to use the Depth: header.

I'll also note that mod_dav applies the Label first, which means that
Subversion and ClearCase do the label first :-)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/