RE: Creating new version-controlled bindings referencing existing VHR's

From: Konstantin Knizhnik <KKnizhnik@togetherlab.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 18:26:40 +0300
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
I faced with the problem of placing existed version controlled
collection (with all members) in my workspace. Section 6.7 (Additional
version control semantic) says that VERSION-CONTROL method
<DAV:version> element in body should be used in this case. But
<DAV:version> elements specifies only version of the root collection
to be placed in my workspace. And how can I determine versions of
members of this collections? Version controlled collection contains
just bindings to version histories of its members. It is not possible
to select particular version from the version history without
knowledge about workspace from which take this subtree. But workspace
is not specified in VERSION-CONTROL method and there is no way to get
it.

So, in few words, I do not understand how to do the following
operation:
- I have some project (version-controlled-collection) in some workspace (for example /ws/his/project1)
- I want to place this project (copy all its resources) in my workspace /ws/my
How it can be done?

--
Best regards,
 Konstantin                          mailto:KKnizhnik@togetherlab.com