Re: Workspaces and File&Folder Hierarchy

From: Alan Kent <ajk@mds.rmit.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:42:49 +1100
To: "Ietf-Dav-Versioning (E-mail)" <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 04:36:03PM +0100, Kirmse, Daniel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it allowed to have a Workspace containing a File&Folder Hierarchy (i.e. a
> copy of a subtree of the webdav resource tree) ?
>
> Thnx,
> Daniel

Yes. I think a really nice thing about DeltaV is that it allows
versioning of containers (directories). Its not mandatory, but
certainly is supported. I would suggest having a bit of a read.

To me the only special thing about a workspace is that it imposes
additional constraints on that you are only allowed to check out
one version of a resource under it. (Note, you could have multiple
bindings of URLS to the same resource, but they would be the same
version of that resource).

Alan