Clarification on subbaselines...

From: Peter Raymond <Peter.Raymond@merant.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 11:21:46 +0100
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Hi,

I was looking at the subbaseline facility and a few questions came up:

1)  Are the hrefs captured in the DAV:subbaseline-set the URLs of
baseline versions? or BCCs or VCCs?
     I think they are baseline versions, but the specification does not
spell this out.

2)  To make one baseline a subbaseline of another baseline do you have
to CHECKOUT
     the version-controlled configuration, PROPPATCH the subbaseline-set
and CHECKIN the VCC?
     It would have been really nice if you could set the subbaseline-set
as part of the BASELINE-CONTROL
     method request body.  Because checking in and out causes new
resources to be created and the state of the
     baseline-controlled collection to be captured again....this seems
like a lot of overhead just to
     set a property.

Again I have "powerpointed" the concept and attached to this mail and
would welcome any comments etc.
It looks like I'll have a whole series of "advanced versioning" slides.

Regards,
Peter Raymond - MERANT