Clarification on definition of a configuration....

From: Peter Raymond <Peter.Raymond@merant.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 10:38:07 +0100
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org

I just wanted to check that my understanding of Configurations and
is correct....if the group agrees I could add this to the deltaV FAQ because
I think the text in the specification can be easily misunderstood.

The statement in section 12 says:

       "A configuration is a set of resources that consists of a root
       collection and all members of that root collection that are not
       members of another configuration."

So given the collection structure:

          +----- include
          +----- src
                  +----- gui

You cannot have a configuration rooted at build and another configuration
rooted at build/src.

But later in section 12 it says:

       "the root collection of a configuration can have a member that
        is the root collection of one of its components"

So you can have a configuration rooted at build and a component rooted at

Is my understanding of this correct?

Peter Raymond - MERANT
Principal Architect (PVCS)
Tel: +44 (0)1727 813362