RE: Quick Question: Determine support of IN-PLACE CHECKOUT.

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 10:28:01 -0400
To: "'DeltaV'" <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
   From: John Hall [mailto:johnhall@evergo.net]

   If the server supports WORKING-RESOURCE, how does the client know
   that it also supports CHECKOUT-IN-PLACE (other than trying to do a
   CHECKOUT on a VCR without <apply-to-version> and getting an
   undefined error?

By checking whether the  checkout-in-place feature is supported.

   Note that WORKING-RESOURCE section #9 says that the OPTIONS must
   return "working-resource" but is silent on "checkout".  How can
   that be right, when you must use the verb CHECKOUT to use
   WORKING-RESOURCE?

This was why we renamed the "checkout" feature to be the
"checkout-in-place" feature.

   Proposal:
   4.5:
   MUST include "checkout-inplace", "checkin", "checkout".
   9.5:
   MUST include "working-resource", "checkin", "checkout".

OK, I see the problem.  I missed a spot where "checkout"
should have been replaced by "checkout-in-place" (i.e.
in section 4.5).  I'll fix that.  Note that "checkin" is no
longer a feature, and that "checkout" was never a feature
(they are method names, not features).