RE: Quick Question: Determine support of IN-PLACE CHECKOUT.

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 10:28:01 -0400
To: "'DeltaV'" <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
   From: John Hall [mailto:johnhall@evergo.net]

   If the server supports WORKING-RESOURCE, how does the client know
   that it also supports CHECKOUT-IN-PLACE (other than trying to do a
   CHECKOUT on a VCR without <apply-to-version> and getting an
   undefined error?

By checking whether the  checkout-in-place feature is supported.

   Note that WORKING-RESOURCE section #9 says that the OPTIONS must
   return "working-resource" but is silent on "checkout".  How can
   that be right, when you must use the verb CHECKOUT to use

This was why we renamed the "checkout" feature to be the
"checkout-in-place" feature.

   MUST include "checkout-inplace", "checkin", "checkout".
   MUST include "working-resource", "checkin", "checkout".

OK, I see the problem.  I missed a spot where "checkout"
should have been replaced by "checkout-in-place" (i.e.
in section 4.5).  I'll fix that.  Note that "checkin" is no
longer a feature, and that "checkout" was never a feature
(they are method names, not features).