RE: VERSION-CONTROL status reporting

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 07:44:23 -0500
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Yes, I've gone and fixed that title.

Note though that the title is always of the form "must do or not do X",
i.e. what the postcondition gets you, and not "what went wrong".
(Sort of a glass half full vs. half empty issue :-).  So a standard
error message would be "Could not ensure xxx".  And
"Could not ensure property-invariant-violated" probably isn't
what we want (:-).