RE: VERSION-CONTROL status reporting

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 06:57:16 -0500
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
The name of this postcondition probably should be changed to
something like "DAV:must-not-change-existing-checked-in-out".
It just says that a server must return a 403/409 if it cannot
satisfy this condition.  It's hard to imagine how a server could
fail to satisfy the postcondition that tells it to leave something
alone, but I gave it a name since all the other postconditions have names.

The "return this on success" semantics has been removed, as stated
in the message you quoted.