Re: Labels and Status

From: Geoffrey M. Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@rational.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 20:54:45 -0500 (EST)
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org

   From: "James J. Hunt" <jjh@ira.uka.de>

      Introducing server-defined status properties is starting down
      the slippery slope of document management. We intentionally kept
      this out of Delta-V because it didn't seem essential for
      versioning support, and would seriously delay its
      introduction. I suggest we may want to start another working
      group soon that address Delta-V extensions for interoperable
      document management. I would be happy to be involved.

   When that is the general consensus, than I would also like to be
   involved, but than it real does need to happen soon.  I would still
   change the example.

I agree with Jim's points, and would want to define document
management properties as a follow-on effort.  I also think this
should be done in a new working group, since I think there is
a wider group of individuals that would be interested in
participating in this design effort.

And I am happy to change the example.