Comments

From: Mark A. Hale <mark.hale@interwoven.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:21:26 -0800
To: <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
Some additional comments:

- Thank you for remembering to add Section 7.5.  I think
  that "is" should be "its".

- I disagree with the following statement in Section 1:

	"The exception is the working-resource and workspace
	options.  These provide the same logical functionality
	but with significantly different client/server
	performance/complexity tradeoffs.  It is expected that
	only a limited number of servers will support the
	working-resource and the workspace options."

  Working-resources are created when versions are checked out.
  A workspace resource is a collection whose members are related
  version-controlled and non-version-controlled resources.  These
  are not the same logical functionality.

  Also, a working-resource can have a workspace property which
  does not make it logically orthogonal to a workspace in the
  context of the discussion in section 1.

  My suggestion is to end section 1 with the existing statement
  that the specification options are designed to be logically
  orthogonal.

- Overall the specification has the necessary components and I
  have provided input to ensure its completeness.  I do go back
  to a comment posted on the list a week or two about the
  specification's complexity.  As I review the specification
  now, I do agree and feel that the specification is
  complex.  I would like to see complexity revisited in
  Minneapolis as an action item.

	Thanks,

	Mark