Re: comment

Apache does this all the time. Based on your Accept-Language request
header, Apache will return different content for a given URL. (assuming that
you enable the Multiviews option (on by default) and have mod_negotiation
built)

Granted, it also returns a Location: header specifying the "real" URL.

But negotiation on XML properties seems practically impossible. Personally,
I think that adding DAV:string into the comment is overdone. We don't do
that with our other properties. Why is this one so special? And I seriously
doubt that a comment is going to be entered in multiple languages when the
version is created.
[ a version resource is immutable: you can't come back, translate the
  bugger, and add them into the DAV:comment ]

It seems a gratuitous change to have DAV:string in there.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/