proppatch label-name-set?

From: Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 09:39:04 -0800
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Is it legal to PROPPATCH the DAV:label-name-set on a checked-out resource?
(whether a checked-out VCR or a working resource)

It seems feasible to me, with the caveat of possible rejection at CHECKIN
(or MERGE) time due to a label conflict with another version in the version
history.

Specifically, the problem that I'm considering is how to label a baseline
before checking it in. I think that I'm also okay with labelling via a
second request (after the checkin/merge), but that does lead to a race
between the checkin and label that I'd like to avoid if possible.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/