Re: Re (4): collection version resources

From: Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 21:42:04 -0800
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
> But this does raise a good point wrt the "workspace option".  Workspaces
> are designed so that "baselining" and "merging" would be unambiguous.
> Which means that there is not much point implementing workspaces if
> you are not implementing baselining or merging.
>
> I'm tempted to suggest that we define the workspace option as implying
> support for both the "baseline option" and the "merge option".  Does
> anyone object?

I could create a workspace, populate it, checkout a resource, modify it,
then check it back in. Maybe hop over to the "public" VCR and update it.

Who says that I need baselines or merging? So, I'd say "I object" until
there appears to be a good reason for requiring one or the other.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/