RE: [ietf-dav-versioning] <none>

From: John Hall <johnhall@evergo.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 20:30:24 -0700
To: "'Rick Rupp'" <rick.rupp@merant.com>, <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
I disagree.

I see no difference between creating a new version from scratch and
copying data from somewhere else to create a new version from scratch.
If I open file1 and then do a save-as on file2, the server doesn't know
and precussor isn't set in any case.  So why is it so important to know
that someone grabbed a copy of file1's current version and copied it to
file2 without editing it first?  If you really want the version history,
use MOVE not COPY.

Do you have a 'for example' use case where that origin information is
valuable?  And would it still remain valuable after a few more edits
were done?