From: Rick Rupp [mailto:rick.rupp@merant.com]
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 8:39 PM
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Subject: [ietf-dav-versioning] <none>

The precursor-set property seems to be an important concept of a versions
history. Without it there is no indication that a version has a
relationship to another version history.

I don't think it will be unusual for a client to create a new version by
copying from a different version history. Will it be important to know the
new version came from a different version history? I think the answer is
yes and the precursor-set facilitates this.