Workspace question

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@cse.ucsc.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 15:54:25 -0700
To: <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
I'm trying to figure out how the following scenario would work:

Say there are two people, Lisa and Chuck, and they each want to have a
server-side workspace for a small project.

Let's assume Lisa creates the initial workspace:

MKWORKSPACE /users/lisa/projectX/

Then populates it with the project files.

PUT /users/lisa/projectX/makefile
PUT /users/lisa/projectX/main.c
PUT /users/lisa/projectX/proj.h

Then place them under version control:

VERSION-CONTROL /users/lisa/projectX/makefile
VERSION-CONTROL /users/lisa/projectX/main.c
VERSION-CONTROL /users/lisa/projectX/proj.h

So, workspace /users/lisa/projectX now contains three version-controlled
resources:

/users/lisa/projectX/makefile
/users/lisa/projectX/main.c
/users/lisa/projectX/proj.h

At this point, how do I create the workspace for Chuck?

One thing that seemingly might make sense is to just do:

COPY /users/lisa/projectX  TO /users/chuck/projectX
Depth: infinity

But, there are no defined COPY semantics for workspaces.

Alternately, it seems Chuck would need to do:

MKWORKSPACE /users/chuck/projectX/

Then create new version-controlled resources for the existing version
histories:

VERSION-CONTROL /users/chuck/projectX/makefile
VERSION-CONTROL /users/chuck/projectX/main.c
VERSION-CONTROL /users/chuck/projectX/proj.h

Do I have this right?

- Jim