RE: Versioning Packages

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 09:52:23 -0400
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
I agree with Tim's point about the negative result of having
a feature called "checkout" when the CHECKOUT method actually
appears in two features (the "checkout" feature and the
"working resource" feature").  A more "accurate" name for the
"checkout" feature would be "in-place-version-controlled-resource-checkout".
I'm really not very fond of this extended name (:-) ... anyone
have a better solution?

One alternative that comes to mind is to fold the "checkout"
option into the "workspace" option, but as I recall, there are
folks that wanted to support the "in-place checkout" but did not
want to support workspaces.  Just to check, is there anyone out
there that will be supporting "in-place checkout" but not workspaces?

Alternatively, if anyone can come up with a better name for the
"in-place-version-controlled-resource-checkout" feature,
that would be appreciated!