Re: Versioning Packages

From: <Tim_Ellison@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 11:58:53 +0100
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org

"Clemm, Geoff" <gclemm@rational.com> wrote:

> I did another pass through the "packages"
> description. In particular, I gave the common
> intersection of all packages (which is just the
> "version-control" feature) its own package name
> (the "core-versioning" package).
>
> There is more information on the "server workspace"
> and "client workspace" differences in the "workspace
> feature" and "working resource feature" descriptions.
>
> Does this look OK?

Yes.  It would be preferrable if the features had names that did not
collide with method names since that triped me up, and I can imagine it
being a source of confusion in the future -- e.g. "when you say your server
implements checkout, do you mean the 'checkout' feature or the 'CHECKOUT'
method?", the feature being a subset of the method.

wrt packages of features, I'm quite indifferent to the idea.