RE: UTF-8 interop testing, take 3

From: Francois Yergeau <FYergeau@alis.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:14:16 -0500
To: ietf-charsets@iana.org

Martin Duerst wrote:
> I think that in particular for the BOM issue, it would be good
> to make sure that we get interoperability reports also from
> Unix/Linux based systems or Macs, but I haven't seen any such

Good idea.  I accessed the list archive at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-charsets/2003JanMar/0039.html using
Netscape 6.2.3 running on Solaris 8.  The message and attachments displayed
correctly except for the last 2 lines (Arabic and Gothic).  Saving to a
local and examining with 'od -x' showed that the problem was purely
rendering, as the UTF-8 data was as expected.

--
François