Re: Error reading file - 55 MB

* Devarasetty Ramu wrote:
>And i would like to know whether this tool works for larger files also?
>B'coz i gave 55 MB file to validate and it took <1 minute to validate
>and when i try to open this file in either frontpage 2002 or my dhtml
>editor, it just fail to open and giving alert "Error reading file". The
>same validated file is opening in NOTEPAD.

I'm afraid we cannot help you with other applications like Frontpage,
but for Tidy you seem to be saying that it can process the file just
takes longer than expected. Tidy is not currently optimized for per-
formance (in particular, the cleanup routines traverse the tree way
too often without any real need) though there are some compile time
options to improve a few things. However, 1 minute for 55 MB does
not sound too bad to me.