help--what is the basic principle of Tidy for HTML Parsing?

From: Li L Ma <malli@cn.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 15:44:12 +0800
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Dear all,

Sorry for disturbing you!

I am writing to you to seek your kind help. As we know, Tidy is a powerful
tool to parse and correct a HTML document. I have visited the website
http://tidy.sourceforge.net/ and downloaded source code of the Tidy.
However, I found that there are so many scripts that it is difficult to
clearly understand the basic principle of Tidy, i.e., how Tidy parses a
HTML document and How the tree is build. Understanding these questions
will be helpful to correctly use (and further develop) the Tidy. In the
above referenced website, I cannot find the answers to these questions.
Therefore, I expect your kind help!

Thanks for your attention,

Li MA
IBM China Research Lab