Re: observing HTML rules when converting to XML

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Rijk van Geijtenbeek wrote:
[..]
> > not relocating markup
> > in HTML->XML translation still seems a plausible config option to me.
>
> Unless I'm mistaken, Tidy translates HTML to XHTML, which has a defined
> syntax and vocabulary. It is not a generic XML tool.

I may have got confused by the existence of two config options:
"output-xhtml" and "output-xml". If they mean the same then indeed I've
been wrong from the beginning. I tried to explain my point more fully at

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=680792&group_id=27659&atid=390966

but it's possibly just rubbish.

Best,

  Piotr