Updates

From: Charles Reitzel <creitzel@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 00:16:04 -0500
To: html-tidy@w3c.org

Hi All,

Just a couple Tidy announcements:

First, I have added some diagnostics to TidyLib to make specific complaints
about elements and attributes that do not match the stated document
type.  The objective is to help folks produce HTML 4 or XHTML 1.0 Strict
(or even Transitional) documents.  But it will also help you dumb down your
docs, if that is your intent.

For example, if you set the DOCTYPE to "XHTML 1.0 Strict" but still set
explicit column widths in tables, it will point out the width
attributes.  Conversely, if as far as Tidy can tell the document is HTML
3.2 (the baseline, in the absence of any other identifying marks), it will
complain about things like ID attributes on H1, H2, etc.

Feed back appreciated on this new feature.

Second, I gave the project page a once over.  The links section has been
updated.  Please let me know if I have missed a link, or if a link is
broken.  Please let me know, if you find any typos, broken links,
misapplied styles, etc.  See, as always, http://tidy.sourceforge.net/.

Finally, I have updated my own Tidy Add Ons and web page.  The most
interesting bits are syntax highlighting in Tidy UI and a .NET wrapper for
my COM wrapper.  For more info, see my Tidy page at
http://users.rcn.com/creitzel/tidy.html.

take it easy,
Charlie