more on the char-encoding problem

From: Piotr Banski <bansp@venus.ci.uw.edu.pl>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 01:53:05 +0100 (CET)
To: html-tidy@w3.org

SF is currently down for maintenance, so in case this is something new,
I'll file this report tomorrow:

"HTML Tidy for Linux/x86 released on 1st January 2003" does not accept
"char-encoding: utf8" in the config file -- all it did for me was output
the XML declaration. The error file says only

  "Info: Document content looks like HTML proprietary
   No warnings or errors were found."

in place of the ca. 12KB of warnings it would usually output for the kind
of files I process.

FWIW, the file I was trying to process was converted with iconv from
Latin2 to UTF-8. When I remove the char-encoding option, the file is
processed normally and converted to us-ascii, with the Unicode chars
quoted.

The OS is SuSE Linux 8.0.

HTH,

  Piotr