Re: Unfavourable changes in recent Tidy behaviour

From: Phil Dempster <dempster@lsil.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 15:11:49 -0000
To: "Charles Reitzel" <creitzel@rcn.com>
Cc: <html-tidy@w3.org>

> On #1, that was a consensus decision.  We all like some whitespace for
> readability, but that was wide agreement that enough is enough.  You can't
> please everyone, no matter how hard you try.

Can't argue with that logic.  Ideally I'd like it as a config option, since
when I'm creating a web site I want minimalist and when I'm writing a
document I like whitespace - but then there's the danger of too many
options.

Is there a change log somewhere that I've missed? At least then awkward folk
like me could decide whether or not they want to upgrade based on the
features/fixes.

> But #2 comes as a surprise.  Empty table cells usually look weird - with
or
> without styles.  Can you log a bug?  Go to http://tidy.sf.net/ and follow
> the link to the bug tracker.
>
> thanks,
> Charlie

Done, testcase included. I wasn't sure whether it was a parser issue or a
pretty printer one - I couldn't spot anything obvious in pprint.c, but then
again I didn't have very long to spend on it.

Cheers,
Phil