RE: Tidy support

From: Charles Reitzel <creitzel@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 17:34:43 -0500
To: "Jelks Cabaniss" <jelks@jelks.nu>
Cc: <html-tidy@w3.org>

Thanks, yet again, for boiling that down.  It's busted like that all the
way back to 04Aug2000.  Never do see the declared tag in the
output.  Doesn't work without the colon ":" in the element name.  Doesn't
work w/out "strict" or XHTML, either.  It's done been broke good.

Can anyone locate or create an example of declared tag that does work (w/
any version of Tidy)?  I think there is one or two in the test bed.

Interestingly, even with the ":" in the tag name (thought this might hang
up the option parser), tidy -config decltag.ini decltag.html -show-config
accurately shows the declared tag.

Can someone besides me break out the debugger on this one?  I _was_ going
to write some API docs for TidyLib. <g>  I was also going fix character set
handling for TidyATL.

Have a good weekend all.

take it easy,
Charlie