RE: Tidy support

David Wier wrote:

> Here's my one line in the config.txt file
> new-empty-tags: aspnet101:side,...
> The tags look pretty much like this:
> <aspx:header runat="server"/>
> Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong here?

Charlie, after checking out what David posted, I can verify that it's
not working (or maybe I'm missing some config option).  I tried running
this:

    <head>
    <title>Test</title>
    </head>
    <aspx:header runat="server"/>

through Tidy with this config file:

    output-xhtml: yes
    doctype: strict
    wrap-asp: yes
    tidy-mark: no
    new-empty-tags: aspx:header

And this is what I got back:

    <head>
      <title>Test</title>
    </head>

What happened to the <aspx:header/> in the original???

The error file gave this:

    line 6 column 5 - Warning: <aspx:header> is not approved by W3C
    line 5 column 5 - Warning: <aspx:header> isn't allowed in <body>
elements
    Info: Doctype given is "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
    Info: Document content looks like HTML proprietary
    2 warnings, 0 errors were found!

It seems to be ignoring the 'new-empty-tags' option and removing the
whole element, then giving a warning about how <aspx:header> isn't
approved by the W3C.  *Of course* it's not approved by the W3C -- isn't
that what the new-* options are for?

/Jelks