RE: Any table "summary" attribute tool?

From: Jelks Cabaniss <jelks@jelks.nu>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 03:44:35 -0400
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>

michaelhyleung@hsbc.com.hk wrote:

> If I?m managing a large volume of HTML pages, is there any
> tools that I can use to satisfy the table ?summary?
> attribute requirements without going to each page and modify
> it manually?

FWIW, summary is not *required* for [x]HTML validity.  Yes, Tidy gives
you warnings for each table lacking a summary -- and it's a good idea
(unless, IMO, the table is for layout purposes), but you can run pages
with tables omitting summary through an [x]HTML validator without any
objections.

/Jelks