Re: Any table "summary" attribute tool?

From: Jany Quintard <jany.quintard@free.fr>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 09:47:13 +0200
To: michaelhyleung@hsbc.com.hk
Cc: html-tidy@w3.org

* michaelhyleung@hsbc.com.hk [Wed, 07/08/2002 at 02:33 -0400]

> Hello,
>
> If I?m managing a large volume of HTML pages, is there any tools that I can
> use to satisfy the table ?summary? attribute requirements without going to
> each page and modify it manually?
>
> PS.  Am I overlooking or I don?t see any options for me to add the
> ?summary? attribute under the configuration file setting(HTML tidy) ?

## CAUTION: NOT TESTED
for file $(find . -name "*.html)
do
  cat $file | sed s!<table!&\ summary="Automatically_added"!g > \
  /tmp/add.html

  cat /tmp/add.html > $file
done

This should do the trick (UNTESTED!!!!), if you have a Unix box.
I am not sure that the
spaces in the sed command work. See the man.
Save your files before trying, in case I goofed, or
try it on a copy !!!

Jany