RE: HTML-Tidy with NotePad Pro

Rijk van Geijtenbeek wrote:

> George Shaddock <publisher@londoncircle.com> schreef:
> > In the past, I have used Tidy with NotePad Pro, and found it
> > extremely helpful in cleaning up html files generated by MS
> > Word 97. Recently, I upgraded to OFFICE XP and found that my
> > tidy file had disappeared.
> >
> > I still use NotePad Pro very heavily, and would like to re-
> > install HTML-Tidy to work in conjunction with it. But - I
> > don't know where to find the file and how to install it.

> * Download the tidy.exe executable from the tidy website,
> and put it in a separate directory or in the Notetab
> directory. Either use the old August 4 2000 version:
> http://tidy.sourceforge.net/other/tidy04aug00.exe or the
> latest builds offered for the windows platform.
>
> * The config file Notetab uses is "tidy.cfg" in the Notetab
> directory. Without a config file you get the default
> choices. I can send a sample config file if you like. See
> http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html > for a long
> list of possible options for the current builds.
>
> * Now, when you choose 'Tools > Tidy HTML code' (or
> Ctrl+F7), Notetab will ask where the tidy executable is
> located. Locate it, and you're finished.

Just to add to Rijk's excellent post, the most recent Windows version of
Tidy is at

	http://users.rcn.com/creitzel/tidy.exe

You can drop it in the Notetab Pro folder directly, or put it in some
other folder that's in your path.  If you do the latter, it makes it
easier to run Tidy standalone anywhere on your system.

/Jelks