RE: Hide the @ from email-harvesting robots

From: Parsons, Rick <rick.parsons@eds.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 09:24:40 -0000
To: "'html-tidy@w3.org'" <html-tidy@w3.org>
As a unix bigot, I am inclined to agree. Unfortunately I have to do my web
development on a wintel box where we don't have nice things like sed, awk
and decent scripting. (I know you can tell me about environments under
wintel which have all these nice features, and I use some of them. My point
is that Joe MS User does not)

You may also be right about techniques that can be used to defeat the
objective. The only thing I know is that I have picked up a lot less spam
since I used the &#64; technique.

Rick Parsons

Bristol, England