Question

From: Meir Simcha Kogan <mkogan@chabadonline.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 11:13:17 -0400 (EDT)
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
Hi and thanks for your time:

I have two questions:

1) Currently, it seems that tidy will delete any such character it finds: ' (not sure what its called - smart quote maybe) and it doesnt replace it with anything else, what option can I use to allow this character or replace it with something acceptable.

2) We built custom xml tags that look like this <co:img />
If the text that is inputed to tidy has a tag missing the end slash (<co:img>) tidy automatically creates an end tag </co:img>, How can I tell tidy to treat it like <br> so that it becomes <br /> or in this case <co:img />

Thanks so much,
Meir

Here are the options currently set:

Dim tidyobj As TidyObject
Set tidyobj = CreateObject("TidyCOM.TidyObject")
tidyobj.Options.Doctype = "omit"
tidyobj.Options.DropFontTags = True
tidyobj.Options.OutputXhtml = True
tidyobj.Options.OutputXml = True
tidyobj.Options.Indent = NoIndent
tidyobj.Options.TabSize = 8
tidyobj.Options.AddXmlDecl = True
tidyobj.Options.BreakBeforeBr = True
tidyobj.Options.InputXml = False
tidyobj.Options.TidyMark = False
tidyobj.Options.IndentSpaces = 0
tidyobj.Options.Wrap = 0
tidyobj.Options.AddXmlDecl = False
tidyobj.Options.QuoteNbsp = False
tidyobj.Options.QuoteAmpersand = False
tidyobj.Options.CharEncoding = raw
tidyobj.Options.NewInlineTags = "co:link co:img co:footnote"
tidyobj.Options.Word2000 = False