Re: Question

Hi Meir,

1) Smart Quotes

Tidy's behavior with respect to (wrt) smart quotes depends on the options
you give it.  If you specify the Windows character encoding
(--char-encoding win1252), then these are valid characters and it should
leave them alone.  These are invalid characters in any other encoding
supported by Tidy.  If you use the clean option (-c or --clean yes), Tidy
should replace these quotes with their ascii equivalents.

Things can get a bit complicated with different combinations of options.
So, if this doesn't help, send along sample input and config files so we
can all take a look.

2) <co:img />

You want to use the --new-empty-tags option, as opposed to new-block-tags
or new-inline-tags.

http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html#new-empty-tags

take it easy,
Charlie