Re: (Dave Raggett) A Possible Bug in 1st page 2000 tidy

At 10:22 AM -0500 12/10/01, Adrian Linde wrote:
>To Dave Raggett

I'm not Dave, but I will answer your question.

>Hi, My name is Adrian.
>
>A month or so ago I downloaded 1st page 2000 and I have been using it as my
>primary web development tool.
>
>I realise that this may turn out to be an error on my part but I believe
>their may be a small bug in the "tidy format and fix option"
>
>The following anchor seems to be problematic. (It was generated originally
>by 1st page but I edited it in order to get it to work because the original
>tag was also causing errors):

>return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">Amata</a>
>
>(you can see it in use at:
>http://www.geocities.com/jacquiememorial/thejackster3.html if you want)
>

>When the tidy option is applied the following changes are made:

>return true;" onmouseout="window.status=; return true;">Amata</a>

The base Tidy code of 04 Aug 00 or later does not appear to have this
problem (at least when I tested it on my platform). I don't know what
version of Tidy is integrated into 1st Page 2000 (I wasn't able to discern
this info from Evrsoft's web site), but I suspect they might be using an
older version of the Tidy code. I suggest you contact Evrsoft directly.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Terry