(Dave Raggett) A Possible Bug in 1st page 2000 tidy

From: Adrian Linde <adrianlinde3@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 10:22:05 -0500 (EST)
To: html-tidy@w3.org
To Dave Raggett

Hi, My name is Adrian.

A month or so ago I downloaded 1st page 2000 and I have been using it as my
primary web development tool.

I realise that this may turn out to be an error on my part but I believe
their may be a small bug in the "tidy format and fix option"

The following anchor seems to be problematic. (It was generated originally
by 1st page but I edited it in order to get it to work because the original
tag was also causing errors):

return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">Amata</a>

(you can see it in use at:
http://www.geocities.com/jacquiememorial/thejackster3.html if you want)

When the tidy option is applied the following changes are made:

return true;" onmouseout="window.status=; return true;">Amata</a>

The removal of these apostrophes brings up a "syntax error" message for char
15 and a "script error" message (expected ';').

I have also had several other problems of this nature with anchor tags.

Thank you (by the way apart from this small glitch the software is decidedly
cool)