Re: Accessibility checking in Tidy

From: Terry Teague <terry_teague@users.sourceforge.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 00:54:20 -0800
To: HTML Tidy List <html-tidy@w3.org>
Cc: tidy-develop@lists.sourceforge.net, chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca, mikes.lam@utoronto.ca
At 1:53 PM -0500 11/5/01, J. David Bryan wrote:
>On 4 Nov 2001, at 13:36, Terry Teague wrote:
>
>> I can provide command line binaries of the current code for Mac OS and
>> Windows if people want to experiment....
>
>Please do (I use Win32).  And if the associated source code explains what
>is being checked or the reasons for specific checks, then please make the
>source available too.

I will try to make binaries available in a couple of days. I will post a
msg to the list when ready.

The purpose of this discussion is to determine how best to make the source
available - it is not quite ready for release. What I am really waiting on
is documentation - I think that would be more useful to explain what is
checked.

>> Below is output from Tidy using "-access 3 --show-errors 1000
>> Overview.html".
>
>Which "overview.html" specifically (so that I may duplicate your reported
>results)?

This is the document that came with the "04 Aug 00" release of Tidy.

>In looking over the sample error report (and bearing in mind that I don't
>have the source document), some of the entries appear a bit odd at first
>glance.  However, I'll wait until I've had a chance to try it myself before
>offering specific comments.

I'm not the expert in this area, so any feedback is welcomed.

Regards, Terry