Re: Tidy becomes less forgiving

From: Jany Quintard <jany.quintard@fr.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 11:58:39 +0200
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Patrick Lok wrote
> I downloaded the tidy source code on Sep 1st and I've found that the code
> that I downloaded is less forgiving than the official release of tidy 4th
> Aug 2000.

> .../...
> It would be nice for tidy to be more flexible and take as much document
as
> possible.

I do not agree with this. The tighter it is, the better. The most part of
HTML we find on the Web is (syntaxically) garbage.
A tight checker is a way to improve the quality of sources.
I am not trying to launch flame war, just giving an opinion (my own)
Jany
Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of IBM.
Jany Quintard - IBM Paris Laboratory - Application & Integration Middleware
Division