RE: Problem with <textarea>

From: J. David Bryan <jdbryan@acm.org>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 02:00:11 -0500
To: HTML Tidy List <html-tidy@w3.org>
On 3 Mar 2001, at 15:12, R. Scott Granneman wrote:

> No, your explanation has no bearing here.

You're welcome.

> So the extra spaces that Tidy inserts between <textarea> & </textarea>
> become part of the initial value, and this is not good...

*What* extra spaces?

You gave no version, no platform, no command line options used, no complete
test case, and the snippet of code you did supply, when inserted into a
minimal valid HTML 4.01 document, does not yield any extraneous spaces when
processed by the Win32 version of HTML Tidy 04-Aug-00.  Still, you might
try...

> This is a bug, pure & simple, unless Dave Raggett tells me otherwise.

...Oh, it's like that, is it?  OK, then never mind.

> It should be fixed.

Here's a thought: why don't *you* fix the "bug" and contribute the patch
back to the list?

                                      -- Dave