Re: question about Tidy

Chunbo Shao wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am a master graduate student of computer science department of
> UT at Arlington.
> I am interested in Tidy and it is very nice.
> I plan to use it in my master project. But I need to have the output from
> it to be the datastrurcture of "JTree". Is it possible?
> Would you please do me a favor to give me some hint about how to get to
> that poinit using tidy package?
> (I see you have some "Node" structure in tidy package.)
>
> Looking forward to your kind reply.
> Best wishes for you in the new year.
>
> Major Shao

Hi, Major.  It is definitely possible to have the output from JTidy in a
JTree although there is no support built into JTidy for this.  JTidy
does have a somewhat complete DOM Level 1 implementation and you can
navigate the DOM tree to build your JTree.  See the DOM specifications
at <http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-DOM-Level-1/level-one-core.html>.

You might want to look at the Xerces TreeViewer Sample
(http://xml.apache.org/xerces-j/treeview.html) for an example of viewing
a DOM tree as a JTree.

HTH,
Gary