RE: SourceForge Project Approved

From: Randy Waki <rwaki@flipdog.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 20:36:53 -0600
To: "Reitzel, Charlie" <CReitzel@arrakisplanet.com>, <html-tidy@w3.org>
Reitzel, Charlie wrote:

> Q: does that mean no separate lib to start?
>
> Besides the archives to thist list, I'm thinking we have some work ahead
> getting Terry Teague's Tidy bug pages and Dave R.'s "pending" stuff into
> Perfect Tracker (bug tracker on SF).
>
> Terry Teague's Tidy Bugs:
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1057/tidybugs.html
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1057/tidybugs2.html
>
> Tidy "Pending" items:
> http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/pending.html

Hmm, good point.  The separate lib was one of the things that started
everyone down this path in the first place.  I'd hate to see enthusiasm
wane due to a "bug fix first" approach.

Perhaps a good middle ground might be to just apply previously posted
bug *fixes* (those that can be reasonably verified) while file names,
line numbers, etc. still match up.  Then go ahead with the refactoring
without necessarily pausing for a release.

Randy