Tidy lib again Was: Thread safety & encodings support

There has been some discussion of setting up a source forge project for Tidy
and refactoring it as a linked lib w/ a command line driver.   We have yet
to hear back from Dave Raggett or anyone else at the w3c about the idea.  I
think it is time to "just do it".

A few folks who have expressed interest and, more important, willingness to
help.  Your suggestions indicate you have a similar interest.  Can we
include you?

I haven't set up a Source Forge project before.  Anyone else have experience
w/ this?  I think it would be the appropriate forum to compile bug/patch
lists and host detailed design discussions.

Of course each of us will have his or her own pet priorities (I know I do).
So I think we'll need to build some consensus on the overall project
approach first and then we can discuss software specifics.  Before moving
ahead on code, we should report back to this list and collect feedback.

Pet priority disclosure: I want to use Tidy for HTML scraping (e.g. putting
the BODY tag into an XML element, for dynamic content reformatting).

Limited time disclaimer: we all probably have day jobs and limited time to
devote to such an undertaking.  We'll need to be careful to set reasonable
goals and schedules.  I'm thinking a basic API w/ bug fixes release could be
managed this  summer.

Who's in?

Charles Reitzel