Re: how come JTidy doesn't use org.w3c.dom from Apache Xerces?

From: Gary L Peskin <garyp@firstech.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 20:15:32 -0800
To: jtnews <jtnews@bellatlantic.net>
CC: html-tidy@w3.org, Sami Lempinen <lempinen@iki.fi>
jtnews wrote:

> Is there any reason why JTidy doesn't use the code from Xerces?

Historically, I think Andy used his own DOM classes when
developing/incorporating the DOM support into JTidy.  However, I think
its a good idea for everyone to be reading off the same page.  The
Xerces people seem to keep as up to date as anyone.
I believe there might be a licensing issue here.  I'm copying Sami on
this email because maybe he could check the Xerces license at
http://xml.apache.org and see if we can incorporate their code and if it
is compatible with the JTidy license.

If so, I'll move their classes in and make JTidy implement all of the
required methods.  In the meantime, I'll start adding the required
methods to the JTidy DOM classes.

> Which code should I use? Is Xerces newer?

Xerces is newer but, as you saw, you can't compile JTidy with it unless
you implement the unimplemented methods yourself.

Gary