Re: Duplicate attribute names

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 23:30:07 +0100
To: "Gary L Peskin" <garyp@firstech.com>, "Html-Tidy" <html-tidy@w3.org>
* "Gary L Peskin" <garyp@firstech.com> wrote:
| Tidy allows duplicate attribute names inside an element like
| this:

| It issues a warning regarding the repeated attribute but keeps the
| attribute in the document and outputs it in PPrint.

What else should tidy do? Which value should tidy keep? Or should tidy remove
both? I think it's up to the author to decide what to do with those dups. Yes,
this may cause problems, but it was the author who created this problem, tidy
could not fix it in an appropriate way.

My suggestion would be to issue an error message when converting to XHTML.
--
Björn Höhrmann ^ mailto:bjoern@hoehrmann.de ^ http://www.bjoernsworld.de
am Badedeich 7 ° Telefon: +49(0)4667/981ASK ° http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de