Duplicate attribute names

From: Gary L Peskin <garyp@firstech.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 08:51:15 -0800
To: Html-Tidy <html-tidy@w3.org>
Dave --

Tidy allows duplicate attribute names inside an element like this:

It issues a warning regarding the repeated attribute but keeps the
attribute in the document and outputs it in PPrint.

This is causing trouble when output-xml or output-xhtml is on since this
is not legal xml and is being rejected by my xml parser (Xerces).

I propose that when outputting xml, duplicate attributes be eliminated.
This can be done either in pprint (PPrintAttribute) or in a clean
routine called from parse.

Dave and others, if you let me know where you think it is most
appropriate, I can code up the patches and post them to the list.

Gary