tidy on html-kit: "new tags" question

From: Alex Fung <Alex.Fung.Ho-san@graduate.hku.hk>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 05:54:50 -0400 (EDT)
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
I wished to tidy my XML document. However, I found several problems:

1) unless I manually typed all custom tags to the edit-preference, tidy
complains about each of them. Is there anyway to make Tidy assume all new
tags are OK? Or better still can Tidy accept microsoft x-schema definitions?

2) If I do not say input is XML, then it will do a lovely thing: it converts
"<br>"s to "<BR />". However, it won't happen if I tell tidy that it is XML.
OTOH, if I don't say input is XML, then Tidy always add some HTML tags
(head, title, etc) to my file. How can I have <BR /> conversion but without
the <head> etc tags added?