tidy on html kit: toolbar button problem

From: Alex Fung <Alex.Fung.Ho-san@graduate.hku.hk>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 05:50:38 -0400 (EDT)
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
I just got the the Aug2000 version of Tidy running on HTML-kit v1.0 Build
288 (not 290 beta).

When I look at the drop down menu from the tool bar, I expected the options
to be "checkable", that is, if I click "to XML", then the default output
will be XML. Alas no! Whatever I click, tidy is invoked with that one
particular option only. Defaults are not changed (as in edit-preferences).
Why?