Re: tidy - errors - outping to file does not work

> Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 13:52:06 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "Leo Cicos" <lcicos@saratoga.ro>
> To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
> Subject: tidy - errors - outping to file does not work
>
> I've downloaded HTML-Tidy released on 8th July 2000 from http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/.
> I've used a previous version (14th April 1999) and all features were working fine.
>
> The new one doesn't output the errors to file with the option -f <filename>.
>
> If i write the option before the foo.htm, TIDY opens the DOS window, parses the sourse, detects errors, does changes (if -m is active), close the DOS windows and creates a text-file BUT EMPTY even if the htm contains errors.
> If i write the option after the foo.htm, TIDY does the same as above, including the EMPTY text-file, with the difference that the DOS window remains open, showing the end of processed file, with the usual recomandations.
>
> I use Windows95, but i don't think it matters since the old version of TIDY is working well.
> I keep TIDY versions in different directories and run them with complete path, starting with drive letter.
>
> Where lies the problem?
>
> My best wishes.
> Leo

I get the same under OS/2 warp 3. If you are not into recompiling source
code, you can redirect Tidy's error messages to a file, by adding:

  2>error.txt

at the command line. Your command line would then look something like
this:

tidy -config tidy.cfg input.htm 1>output.htm 2>error.txt.

Cheers,
        Eddie.