Problem

From: Darren Forcier <dforcier@allaire.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 15:33:51 -0400
To: "'html-tidy@w3.org'" <html-tidy@w3.org>
Dave,

The fixes for the custom tag support are working great. I can now set up
new-blocklevel-tags and new-inline-tags for tidy configurations.

I did find one problem. Not sure if there is an easy way to fix it though. I
realize that this is a ColdFusion markup language issue but I'm sure it will

apply to other scripting languages that use the <> for delimiters (PHP,
etc.)

If I have a custom processing tag like ColdFusion's <CFIF (expression) > tag
and run it through Tidy with a custom tag configuration for it, the
following happens:

(old version)

<CFIF True IS True>
   This should always be output
<CFELSE>This will never output
</CFIF>

(html-tidied version)
<CFIF True="" IS="" True=""> This should always be output <CFELSE> </CFELSE>
</CFIF>

Two problems are occurring here. The CFIF tag expression "True is True" is
being parsed and each item is being treated like
it was a separate attribute. The second thing that is happening is the
insertion of the extra </CFELSE>.  The second problem
is not really an issue, but if there was some way to turn off automatic
attribute generation that would be a good thing.

Now I'm off to go play with the Word-2000 feature... <g>

Regards,

Darren Forcier
Allaire Corp