Re: Asp server side script translations

On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, Rick Jelliffe wrote:

>  From: Darren Forcier <dforcier@allaire.com>
>
> > when the & conversion settings are passed to Tidy.  Future enhancement
> > request: bypass conversions inside of ASP <% %> delimiters. This
> > would probably apply to other server
> > side scripting languages as well such as Cold Fusion CFML, and others.
>
> I suggest a different approach:  upgrade tidy to know about processing
> instructions, and allow the passing of the open and close delimiters in the
> config file.

For backward compatibility, maybe yes. But the Right Thing (TM) for the
future  would probably be for server implementors to stuff their
processing instructions inside XML CDATA. This eliminates the need for
parsers like tidy and others to know the gritty details about all kind of
processing pragmas.

--
Steinar Kjærnsrød <steinar@infostream.no>
InfoStream AS